The current infographic presents key messages from the SELDI Regional Anti-corruption Report 2016. It answers the questions:
– Which are the factors that drive hidden employment?
– Why do companies engage in undeclared hiring and provide poor labour conditions for their workers?
– What is the share of employed in the hidden economy in SEE in 2016?
– Which are the country specifics?
– Is it a matter of choice to be in the hidden employment?
– In which countries do individuals earn more in the formal sector than in the hidden one?
– How is hidden employment linked to corruption and what is the rate of corruption among tax officials in SEE in 2016?
– What can the governments and the civil society do about this issue?